Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Recap of the Tropical Rain Forest

November 26, 2013
Alive is the rain forest with croaks of exotic toads and roars of jaguars. According to www.panda.org, the Amazon is home to 427 mammals, over 400 amphibians, 1300 birds, 378 reptiles, and 3000 fish. And once I set foot in the world below the canopy trees, I came across anteaters, sloths, the South American river turtle, even the giant cane toad. So much wildlife flourishes in the forest and it fills me with hope about life.
With a combination of heavy rainfall and high temperatures, the Amazon holds a multitude of plant life. But according to www.panda.org, the quantity of each plant species proves low, simply because of the struggle to receive nutrients. On my hike, I saw the giant kapok tree, a spectacle that soars up to 200 feet in height. Incredible that something in this world can stand so tall and firm. Finally, the Amazon can be checked off my bucket list, and it certainly didn't disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment